Posted on | November 22, 2009 | Comments Off
“Hospitality” is a relatively new term. The hospitality industry consists of companies within the food services, accommodations, recreation, and entertainment sectors
The hospitality industry is a several billion dollar industry and is one of the largest and fastest-growing sectors in the economy. Hence, the demand for graduates of hospitality programs will continue in the future.
What career tracks are available?
• Owner or franchise holder of food chains
• Manager of restaurants
• Manager in food service companies servicing large organizations like hospital, hotels, army, schools etc
• Owner of Manager in travel industry e.g. tourist agency, airlines, beach resort, cruise ships
Bachelor degree in Hospitality and Tourism
Many programs in Malaysia offer degrees in travel and tourism. Hospitality degrees in Malaysia train students to become managers in either the hotel industry or the food service industry. Undergraduate courses give students a solid grounding in the study of hospitality, tourism or event management.
Typical courses in a hospitality and tourism degree program includes:
• Event Management
• Food and Beverage
• Human Resources
• Environmental Studies
• Social Sciences
Links to some programs in hospitality and tourism:
- HELP International University College
- Kuala Lumpur Metropolitan University
- Management and Science University
- Olympia College Malaysia
- Stamford College Malaysia
- TAYLORS University College