Posted on | November 21, 2009 | Comments Off on Malacca – List of Universities
Malacca is the third smallest Malaysian state, after Perlis and Penang. It is located in the southern region of the Malay Peninsula, on the Straits of Malacca. The capital is Malacca Town. This historical city centre has been listed as a UNESCO World Heritage Site since 7 July 2008.
In the past, Malacca came under successive colonial eras when it was conquered by the Portuguese in 1511, followed by Dutch rule in 1641 before the British took over in 1824. During their rule, Malacca was a thriving port and attracted many people from around the world. Famous historical sites such as A Famosa, Stadthuys, St. Paul’s Church, St. John’s Fort and the Hang Tuah and Hang Jebat mausoleums stands as a testimony to its rich historical and cultural background.
Some universities and colleges in the historical city include:
- Multimedia University (MMU)
- Pusat Latihan Teknologi Tinggi (ADTEC) Melaka
- Stamford College Melaka
- Universiti Kuala Lumpur Malaysian Institute of Chemical and Bioengineering Technology (UniKL MICET)
- Universiti Teknikal Malaysia Malacca (uTeM)
- Kolej Teknologi Cosmopoint Caw. Melaka
- Putra International College