Assam is a remote state of the northeast of India. It is located between Bangladesh, Bhutan and Burma, and is one of the least populated areas in India. The region is a melting pot of ethnicities, famous for for the tea plantations (the first tea-producing region in the world) and its fauna.
The area offers some monuments to visit, but tourists mainly go to Assam to admire the landscapes and discover the local life of the tribes. The state is also known for the miniature paintings in the manuscripts of the sixteenth to nineteenth century, directed by the Kings and the monasteries. These religious manuscripts on the tales of Puranas, Ramayana, Bhagavata, Mahabharata were illustrated with beautiful miniatures.
The Kaziranga National Park is located in the state of Assam, on the banks of the Brahmapoutre. Listed as a UNESCO World Heritage site, the Kaziranga Park is one of the last areas of northern India that has remained untouched by humans. It hosts the world’s largest rhinoceros unicornis population, as well as elephants, panthers, tigers, and bears.
A list of universities in Assam would include:
- Assam University
- Assam Agricultural University
- Assam Don Bosco University
- Assam Down Town University
- Assam Rajiv Gandhi University of Cooperative Management
- Assam Science and Technology University
- Assam Women’s University
- Bodoland University
- Central Institute of Technology, Kokrajhar
- Cotton University
- Dibrugarh University
- Gauhati University
- Kaziranga University
- Krishnaguru Adhyatmik Vishvavidyalaya
- Krishna Kanta Handique State Open University
- Kumar Bhaskar Varma Sanskrit and Ancient Studies University
- Mahapurusha Srimanta Sankaradeva Viswavidyalaya
- Royal Global University
- Srimanta Sankaradeva University of Health Sciences
- Tezpur University