As a state situated in the Northern part of India, Uttar Pradesh has roughly two hundred million citizens and it is known to be the most populated state in the whole of India. In the world ranking, it is also the most populated country sub-divisions.
The state was established on the 1st of April in the year 1937 during the British rule, and it was called United Provinces of Agra and Oudh. However, it was renamed Uttar Pradesh in the year 1950
Also, the state is split into eighteen divisions, and seventy-five districts and its capital is Lucknow. The major ethnic group in the state is the people of Hindawi while the most vastly spoken language in the state, as well as the official language, is Hindi. Yamuna and Ganga are the two primary rivers flowing through the state.
A list of universities in Uttar Pradesh would include;
- Amity University Uttar Pradesh Gautam Budh Nagar
- Jagadguru Rambhadracharya Handicapped University Chitrakoot Dham-210 204
- Integral University Kursi Road, Lucknow-226 026
- Mangalayatan University Aligarh
- Mohammad Ali Jauhar University Rampur
- Teerthanker Mahaveer University Moradabad
- Sharda University Gautam Budh Nagar Greater Noida (UP)
- Swami Vivekanand Subharti University Delhi-Haridwar Bye Pass Road Meerut